Effective Date: 19 November 2019
What We Collect
LyneChat receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Services, including when you install, access, or use our Services.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You provide your name, email and/or mobile phone number to create a LyneChat account. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture, and status message.
- Your Messages. In the ordinary course of providing our services to you, your messages are stored on our servers.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
- Status Information. We collect information about your online and status message changes on our Services, such as whether you are online (your “online status”), when you last used our Services (your “last seen status”), and when you last updated your status message.
- Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services.
- Third-Party Services. We allow you to use our Services in connection with third-party services. If you use our Services with such third-party services, we may receive information about you from them; for example, if you choose to access our Services through a mobile carrier’s or device provider’s promotion of our Services.
How We Use Information
- Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
- Commercial Messaging. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using LyneChat, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. We do not extract personal information in this process nor do we provide this information to third parties. Cookies allow us to customize your user interface to speed up the navigation process and to make the Services experience more efficient.
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under "Settings" or "Preferences") to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Services may not function properly.
Information We Share
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
Your personal information may be stored, processed or otherwise used by us, our affiliates or our service providers, both inside and outside of Canada. As a result, that country's courts, governments or law enforcement agencies could obtain disclosure of your information in accordance with that country's laws. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, they will be required to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- Account Information. Your phone number, profile name and photo online status and status message, last seen status, and receipts may be available to anyone who uses our Services, although you can configure your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users.
- Your Contacts and Others. Users with whom you communicate may store or reshare your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Services. You can use your Services settings and the block feature in our Services to manage the users of our Services with whom you communicate and certain information you share.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Third-Party Services. When you use third-party services that are integrated with our Services, they may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (such as iCloud or Google Drive), they will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
- Merger/Sale. We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party.
- Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose to which you specifically consent.
Managing Your Information
- Services Settings. You can change your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Deleting Your LyneChat Account. You may delete your LyneChat account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my account feature. When you delete your LyneChat account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. Be mindful that if you only delete our Services from your device without using our in-app delete feature, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Other users may still have information relating to you and your messages even if you delete your account with us. Please be mindful of your messages.
Where applicable, we will seek your express consent to contact you, including by way of commercial electronic messages. This consent is sought by LyneChat and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages by following the instructions in the message.
Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, please be aware that we may still contact you for other purposes. For example, we may contact you to provide communications you have consented to receive, regarding the products or services we provide to you, or if you contact us with an inquiry.
Security and Retention
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We protect the personal information within our custody or control with appropriate organizational, technological and physical safeguards.
We store personal information in electronic and physical files that are secure, and our security measures include secure on- and off-site storage, restricted access to records and data processing equipment, password protocols, and encryption and security software. We conduct audits and monitor compliance with our privacy practices.
We only retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. When we no longer are required to retain the information, we will destroy, erase, or de-identify the information. Legal requirements, however, may require us to retain some or all of the personal information we hold for a period of time that is longer than that for which we might otherwise hold.
Links to Other Third Party Sites
Our Services may contain links to other websites or apps operated by third parties. Any such websites or apps are wholly independent from our Services, and we have no control over those websites, apps, their operators, their security, their privacy policies or their practices. Before providing any of your personal information on any such other website or app, you should review their policies on privacy and security.
Access, Correction and Accountability
We will strive to keep all personal information in our files complete, up-to-date and accurate.
You or a person authorized on your behalf has the right to request to see and obtain a copy of your personal information and to request changes or corrections to inaccurate or incomplete information.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to your personal information or our information practices, you may contact us at: email@example.com